Hopefully, it’ll not be too long before we see you all at Battle Hill Dental Practice to check your orthodontic braces and get going again with your treatment, but in the meantime……
General advice to keep your mouth and teeth healthy
- Brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes twice a day
- Use a pea size amount of toothpaste
- Angle your toothbrush at 45degrees to the gum line. Use either a small side to side or circular motion.
- Never scrub too hard as this may result in sensitivity and sore gums
- Continue to brush methodically the inside, outside and chewing surfaces of your teeth
- Spit out the toothpaste, do not rinse. This leaves a protective coating of toothpaste on your teeth
- Remember to use your floss and interdental Tepe brushes before you brush. 1 daily. Preferably at night.
- If you have lapsed, you may experience bleeding gums or see blood when you spit out. Please try to continue with your twice daily toothbrushing, flossing and interdental Tepe brushes and you should hopefully see that this bleeding subsides.